Friday, August 29, 2008

Recipe to Clean LCD Screen

Ya gotta love Google!

Yesterday, I was in an office supply store and went to find some sort of cleaning solution/wipes to help me clean the LCD screen on my laptop. What I found gave me a heart attack!

For $9.99, I was offered a packet containing three cloths treated in an alcohol solution. Each cloth was good for one treatment. Sorry, folks, I just couldn't throw this type of money away.

I came home and, through Googling, found a blog featuring a "recipe" for this same solution. All you need is a 50-50 mix of distilled water and rubbing alcohol (70%). Spray this onto a piece of microfiber cloth (found in the auto cleaning supplies next to the chamois). NEVER spray solution directly onto the screen!!! Turn off your screen and apply the cloth to it in a top to bottom motion. I did it this morning and its works wonderfully!

Soooooooooo, instead of spending $10.00 for three treatments, I spent approximately $6.00 (includes sprayer bottle) for 100+ treatments. I also used the cloth to clean my keyboard and mouse. BTW, the cloth is washable thus reusable!

Pass this along!

1 comment:

Coltsrule25 said...

Well, aren't you just the "Hints from Heloise" of the cyber world??!! No, seriously, thanks for passing along that economical tip!! Hope all is well.