Friday, September 15, 2006

Small Town Pleasure!



I've traveled quite a bit in my life - to many countries and cultures. But, its nights like this that I feel blessed to live in the town I do - Lebanon, Indiana.

Tonight was the evening celebration of the Back to the Fifties Festival. They block off the town square and vendors host food booths. A band plays old time favorites, children play on the courthouse lawn, neighbors and friends catch up, and, yes, we have the renown hula hoop contest.

Tomorrow will be a full day of entertainment, a classic car show, and numerous booths from local artisans and organizations. Our house is only two blocks away so we walk over to enjoy the festivities.

We just got back from the evening's activities and I am pleased to show off some pictures of where I am proud to call home.

Click on each picture to enlarge.

- Lynn

No comments: